[Scale-planning] SCALE 2008 postmortem?

Matt Jones mattjones at workhorsy.org
Tue Feb 12 22:57:34 PST 2008

I was looking around at the scale site for a place to add comments about
the event. I found none, so I decided to post on the scale list.

Anyway, I think it would be great, if there was a way for people to add
their constructive criticism about the 2008 event. Since I may be
kicking off the start of a potentially interesting post, I might as well
add my recommendations.

1. The only major problem I had was with name-tag lanyards. Please,
please, please make the font bigger and print the names on both sides. I
had a real hard time reading people's names, even on the rare instances
where the name-tag was facing the correct direction. Yes I wear glasses,
but had broken them before the event. I'm sure many people were
wondering why I was using my face as an OCR scanner on their name-tag.
If you need more ink and paper to do this, I will donate $200.

2. The printed schedule was missing the raffle event/party for
Saturday(I think).

Other than that, and any venue related problems, it was excellent. I'm
looking forward to next year. And I'm sorry if this is the wrong list to
post to.