[Scale-planning] SCALE 2008 postmortem?

Phil Dibowitz phil at ipom.com
Wed Feb 13 12:24:03 PST 2008

One thing I noticed (I didn't hear complaints about it, but it kind irked
me) was that last year, the back of the badges reminded attendees of the
personal info that was contained in the barcode, but this year that wasn't
true. I think it's important to remind people what person info they're
giving away.

That said, I heard much of the "thank you" "this rocks" "this is the best
conference ever" comments. Since I was introducing speakers, I heard it a
lot from them, but I also had an attendee kindly insist on buying me a drink
one night because I was staff, despite my protests. Every year I hear even
more positive comments.

Phil Dibowitz                             phil at ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming