[Scale-planning] SCALE 2008 postmortem?

Phil Dibowitz phil at ipom.com
Wed Feb 13 12:53:51 PST 2008

Lei Zhang wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 12:24:03PM -0800, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
>> One thing I noticed (I didn't hear complaints about it, but it kind irked
>> me) was that last year, the back of the badges reminded attendees of the
>> personal info that was contained in the barcode, but this year that wasn't
>> true. I think it's important to remind people what person info they're
>> giving away.
>
> The infromation was on the left side. It also doubled as a receipt. The
> badge stock just didn't fold to become a two-sided badge.

Aha! It wasn't clear to me that's what that was. Good to know it was there.

Phil Dibowitz                             phil at ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming