[Scale-planning] [Fwd: [LiLAX] LOPSA needs YOU at SCaLE!]

Ilan Rabinovitch ilan at fonz.net
Tue Feb 17 11:12:56 PST 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[LiLAX] LOPSA needs YOU at SCaLE!
Date: 	Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:18:42 -0800
From: 	Brandon Burton <brandon at inatree.org>
To: 	uuasc at uuasc.org, lilax at lilax.net

Hello Folks,

As you may have heard, LOPSA is teaching classes for SCALE U again
this year. LOPSA will also have a booth at SCaLE this year.

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!

We have free SCaLE passes and LOPSA shirts for qualified volunteers.
Read on below!

All things SCaLE U can be found at:

http://scale7x.socallinuxexpo.org/conference-info/scale-u

SCaLE is fast upon us and we need volunteers for the booth and to
assist with the classes.  We are specifically looking for volunteers
for the following things:

1. Someone local with a car who is willing to act as a "gopher" during
the SCaLE U classes on Friday, Feb. 20th, and for the booth on Sat.,
Feb. 21 and Sun., Feb. 22.

2. People who can volunteer on Sat. and Sun. for two hours shifts to
staff the booth.  If you are willing to do at least four shifts across
both days, LOPSA will provide you with a FREE pass to SCaLE.

If you are interested in volunteering to help us with LOPSA activities
at SCaLE, please email me at jtrucks at lopsa.org
<mailto:jtrucks at lopsa.org> as soon as possible.

Some info about SCaLE and LOPSA is included below.

SCaLE is the premier Open Source Community conference in the
southwestern United States.  SCaLE promotes Open Source software in a
vendor- and distribution-neutral conference consisting of technical
seminars, product display, software demonstrations, and tutorials.

More information on SCaLE is available at http://scale7x.socallinuxexpo.org/