[Scale-planning] next year's ballroom bash

Lori Barfield itdirector at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:03:25 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Ken <scalezz at kemasa.com> wrote:
> How about voting for the best swag of the expo?
>
> Most useful: power strip or insulated cup
> Most interesting: ball that changes color
> Best giveaway: HP netbook?

> Then pull a ticket from the winning item and the person can win something
> (like the item if you can get them from the vendors).

i like this idea.  perhaps if we do any raffles, however, we shouldn't
announce that ahead of time.  at the wrapup meeting of the Chairs, we
talked about the advantages and disadvantages of doing raffles in a
room with other activities.  one downside is that the room becomes
crowded with people who are only there to get prizes, and aren't
participating.  we found that during Weakest Geek this year, people on
the perimeter were doing their own thing and talking loudly over the
action on stage, making it hard to hear.

thanks for the suggestion.  more to follow, i hope. :-)  and thanks
for the support this year, kemasa.

...lori