[Scale-planning] Free Software Representation at SCaLE

Larry Cafiero larry at socallinuxexpo.org
Wed Jan 25 08:02:38 PST 2012

On 01/25/2012 06:00 AM, Mark Holmquist wrote:
> Larry points out that it was my action, in part, that caused the lack of
> Free Software speakers at the conference

I said nothing even remotely associated with this statement. I said that
everyone is welcome and that the door is open to participate. If you
choose not to cross the threshold and participate, it's your call.
> Again, I don't expect this to be fixed,
Because nothing is broken, but please continue . . .
>   and I will consider speaking at
> the next conference (I hadn't come up with a topic, and was very busy
> this year), but I thought that the above-mentioned favoritism might be
> something that the planning committee might want to look into.
I hope you do submit a talk at next year's SCALE. Also, I hope you
consider speaking at other conferences, where you'll find pretty much
the same open door, even if you want to consider yourself in some sort
of subcategory separate from the FOSS paradigm as a whole.

Good luck.