[Scale-planning] Free Software Representation at SCaLE

Mark Holmquist marktraceur at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 18:49:51 PST 2012

> So how do we become more "inclusive"?

>From the quoted text above your comment:

"I think starting at "Free/Libre/Open Source" would at least be a step
forward. Talking to presenters and staff members, encouraging use of
that term in place of anything more specific, would benefit *everyone*,
and not just any one community."

> Just to let you know, if your car is less then 30 years old almost
> every aspect of the the engine, transmission, Anti-lock brakes, and
> airbags are controlled by software.

Thank you, and Russell, for this information. As I don't expect SCaLE to
be perfect, I don't expect myself to be so, at least not immediately.
Hopefully one day, I will be financially able to purchase another car
that includes free software--or perhaps switch to a bicycle :)

--
Mark Holmquist
Student, Computer Science
MarkTraceur at gmail.com