[Scale-planning] Free Software Representation at SCaLE

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 18:57:08 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Mark Holmquist <marktraceur at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So how do we become more "inclusive"?
>
> From the quoted text above your comment:
>
> "I think starting at "Free/Libre/Open Source" would at least be a step
> forward. Talking to presenters and staff members, encouraging use of
> that term in place of anything more specific, would benefit *everyone*,
> and not just any one community."
>

>From the http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale10x:

"The Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE) is an annual Linux,
Open-Source, and Free Software conference held in Los Angeles.  Now
celebrating its tenth year, this community organized event will be
held January 20-22, 2012 at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport hotel."

So your objection is that Free does not come first?