[Scale-planning] Ubuntu phone flashing

Nathan Haines nathan at nhaines.com
Sun Feb 17 23:43:13 PST 2013

On 02/17/2013 11:19 PM, der.hans wrote:
> the release is the night before SCaLE starts. Will Canonical be flashing
> phones at the Ubuntu booth at SCaLE? If so, is this the type of thing
> where we should do a press release with Canonical/Ubuntu?

No, Canonical is not involved in the Ubuntu booth at SCALE and never has
been.

I intend to flash my phone for use as a demonstration (although I will
have to confirm whether or not that's practical on Thursday).  I would
be happy to bring the file along if you would like to flash your phone
but I certainly won't do it for you or take any kind of liability or
responsibility for it.  :P

You'll need a GSM-based Samsung Galaxy Nexus or Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4
in order to flash your phone.  Additionally, it will destroy all data
and software currently on your phone.

Finally, this will be a preview release intended for developers and
enthusiasts and we have no idea what will be included.  Hopefully basic
call and SMS functionality.  Probably Unity lens functionality.  Maybe
camera and bluetooth functionality.  Probably nothing else.

Regards,
Nathan