[Scale-planning] Local News Hookup

SCALE Planning List scale-planning at lists.linuxfests.org
Tue Dec 15 10:42:40 PST 2015

Here's a quick research on the google search
"Linux is taking over the world"

I like this article with some cold hard facts about the reasonsLinux will is taking over:
"The primary drivers behind this idea of desktop Windows displacement are:
1) Interface - People don't like Windows 8.x.2) Price - People are tired of the constant hardware, software, and OS upgrade cycle.3) Security - People are tired of viruses, malware, and hacks.4) Loss - People are tired of losing data when a disk crashes or a device is stolen.5) Battery Life - Mobile users need longer battery life.6) Usability - More versatile than a tablet. Less cumbersome than a laptop.7) Browser-based - The future of software is SaaS.
"
from
http://www.zdnet.com/article/linux-is-about-to-take-over-the-desktop-but-not-like-you-think-it-will/
an from wiki
...'In August 2010, Jeffrey Hammond, principal analyst at Forrester Research, declared, "Linux has crossed the chasm to mainstream adoption," a statement attested by the large number of enterprises that had transitioned to Linux during the late-2000s recession. In a company survey completed in the third quarter of 2009, 48% of surveyed companies reported using an open-source operating system.[2]...'
from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_adoption

Here are a few more links to Linux taking over the world:

http://www.itworld.com/article/2844225/will-2015-finally-be-the-year-of-the-linux-desktop.html
http://www.itworld.com/article/2844225/will-2015-finally-be-the-year-of-the-linux-desktop.html
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/2015-will-be-the-year-linux-takes-over-the-enterprise-and-other-predictions/
http://phys.org/news/2014-06-linux-quiet-revolution-microsoft.html