[Scale-planning] Scale Cyber Competition

Luis Hernandez lhernan86 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:34:36 UTC 2017

Hello Team,

So I am one of the organizers for the cyber competition happening this year
at SCaLE and wanted to clarify a little about what will be happening.

It will be broken up into two parts. The first will be a system hardening
exercise where they will need to secure an Ubuntu Image.

Then second is the FacebookCTF event. So for the Capture The Flag event,
participants will be using the FacebookCTF user interface to answer various
IT related questions with the purpose of obtaining the most points.

Now in regards to what they need to bring I think a laptop as a backup plan
if we can't get the system76 machines.

The laptop they bring should be able to run a virtual machines. The
FacebookCTF environment is solely online.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Best,

Luis Hernandez
213.278.5772
Lhernan86 at gmail.com