[Scale-planning] Question about Saturday keynote speaker

Lan Dang ldangmlist at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 00:53:14 UTC 2017

tl;dr I don't see blogpost on website with announcement, and I don't see
announcement @socallinuxexpo.

Thanks for the confirmation.   I acknowledge that there is information on
the website listing her talk.

The problem I've keep having with the SCaLE website is discoverability.
When I try to tell people about all the cool stuff at SCaLE, I spend a lot
of effort tracking down website links I can use to point people to
information, instead of just trusting them to be able to discover it at
https://socallinuxexpo.org

I can find things because I know they exist and where to look for them.
Most people wouldn't go through this effort.

For example,  while you have a blogpost listing Karen Sandler as a keynote
speaker, I don't see a similar announcement for Dr. Moran.  Karen Sandler
is listed as a Featured Speaker, but Dr. Moran is not.

And I actually looked at the @socallinuxexpo Twitter feed going back to the
announcement of Karen Sandler for keynote, and I don't see a similar
announcement for Dr. Moran.

Because of an email newsletter, I know that Dr. Moran is a keynote speaker
for Saturday.  So I searched the speaker list to find the link to her
presentation abstract.   Now that the schedule is available, I also know to
look at the Saturday schedule and click on the Keynote to get to this page.

Otherwise, it would never have occurred to me that you had confirmed a
second keynote speaker.

Lan