[Scale-planning] OSSIE Talk Schedule Progress

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 15 23:19:02 UTC 2017

Hi Ilan,

Yes, we have communicated with almost all of the people who would be involved in the schedule (we don't have an email address for Rich Unite, Yolanda Kol's co-presenter). All have indicated that they are willing to work with this format (2 presentations per 1 hour time slot).

I am hoping to discuss the schedule with Gina Likins before finalizing everything as she has had a lot of experience with this format, both as panelist and moderator. I think her expertise and input will be very valuable. However, I haven't heard from her since Friday. Maybe she keeps her weekends free of business type things, ... not a bad idea!

I still also need to talk to Avni Khatri and Yolanda Kol.

I am guessing this should be all ready to go by midweek... Wednesday, hopefully. Here is the link again for the working document for the schedule: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1st8w08KF2RSNcRt1npoWTmc5Y-RLiR6eI8s4NMngXWo/edit?usp=sharing

Some of the presenters still need to "flesh out" and "tweak" their proposal descriptions. Do you need all of that for the printed program or will you be able to use the short descriptions shown on the Google Doc for the printed program and have the longer editied versions in the online program?

I haven't looked at the registration page yet. Will educators still be able to get a 50% discount this year? I have been wondering if there is any possibility of including the OSSIE track with the expo tickets for educators?

As soon as everything is finalized I will try to get some publicity to the CUE chapters in SoCal. Unfortunately, the National CUE conference is also in March (3/15- 3/18). It is a really big deal, but some folks may not be able to afford to attend, so SCaLE could be a nice alternative for them.

More info as soon as I have it!

Caryl

cc: Sam Coleman, Kenneth Wyrick, Avni Khatri, Tim Moody, Yolanda Kol, Jim Klein, Adam Holt, Gina Likins, and Robinson Tryon

P.S. The thread was getting pretty messy so I restarted it!