[Scale-planning] Expo Pass

John Hautzinger john at hautzinger.org
Mon Mar 6 22:15:30 UTC 2017

Hey all,

Long time goer, first time planner.

I was actually thinking about this as a guest this year and wondering if it
was actually enforced.

What I was thinking was to the people with the FULL passes adding one of
those "badge flags" to the bottom.  Something bright and easily
identifiable.  If they get lost they still have it plainly on their badge
that they have a FULL pass, so it wouldn't infringe too much on badge
holders and would easily flag someone for followup.

Something along those lines.

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks!
>

> Great show! I'm not surprised to learn about the people misusing the Expo
> Only passes. It is sad that they would do that, but it is a real problem!
> Would it be possible to make the "Expo Only" badges more evident? Every way
> I can think of would be pretty complex... different art work, or maybe "Expo
> Only" in Red instead of black. Or how about a different font for the and
> larger print for the "Expo Only" type? Even that would be a bit complex.
> Maybe just a different color lanyard?
>

> Also on the topic of badges... If the name badge part of the print out
> could take up 2 adjacent regions so it could be folded in half and the name
> could be seen from both sides it would solve the problem of 50% of the
> people wearing badges that show as blank white cards (the back of the name
> card). It is nice to be able to speak to people by their names, but half
> the time it isn't possible (unless you already know them... but maybe you
> haven't seem them for a while and can't remember their names?). If this is
> done, the fold should be on the lower edge of the badge for easy insertion
> into the badge holder.
>

> Caryl
>

> P.S. One of my booth volunteers actually went back and paid for a full
> pass because he felt he wasn't going to do enough in our booth to deserve
> full admission. As it turned out, he was a big help, especially on Sunday
> when several of us had to go over to the OSSIE track and he filled in
> admirably ... overcoming his shyness to really relate to the people who
> were stopping by and asking questions.

"If you want to build a ship,
don't drum up the men to gather wood,
divide the work and give orders.
Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
– Antoine de Saint Exupéry