[Scale-planning] Signage

David Lang david at lang.hm
Fri Mar 10 05:58:03 UTC 2017

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017, Lei Zhang wrote:

> What can we do to improve signage? How was the digital signage this
> year? The printed signs on easels? What were the hardest things to
> find, aside from SCALE t-shirts? ;)
>
> Below are some frequent questions at registration I remember
> answering. Possibly an indicator of what we didn't have signs for.
>
> 1) What is the WiFi password? We eventually put up a shirt with the
> password on it.
> 2) Which WiFi do I connect to? There were several SSIDs with SCALE in the name.

IMHO, the only SSIDs that should be visible are the ones we intend people to
connect to. In the past the others were hidden.

> 3) Where is Ballroom X? (GH especially)
> 4) Where is Room NNN?

having a map of the buildings as part of the signage rotation would probably be
a good thing.
  Is it worth enough to loose 1/3 of the horizontal space to have a map up all
the time (rotating between the two buildings) while the schedule rotation
scrolls by on the rest of the screen?

> 5) What are the expo hall hours? (Usually when it's not open yet) Or a
> similar question from exhibitors for when they can go in for set up.

similar issues as to when game night opens

David Langy