[Scale-planning] Signage

Lori Barfield itdirector at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 06:56:53 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 9:58 PM, David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Mar 2017, Lei Zhang wrote:
>>

>> 1) What is the WiFi password? We eventually put up a shirt with the
>> password on it.
>> 2) Which WiFi do I connect to? There were several SSIDs with SCALE in the
>> name.
>>

> IMHO, the only SSIDs that should be visible are the ones we intend people
> to connect to. In the past the others were hidden.

there is so much wisdom to this suggestion.

3) Where is Ballroom X? (GH especially)
>> 4) Where is Room NNN?
>>

> having a map of the buildings as part of the signage rotation would
> probably be a good thing.
>  Is it worth enough to loose 1/3 of the horizontal space to have a map up
> all the time (rotating between the two buildings) while the schedule
> rotation scrolls by on the rest of the screen?

if we could somehow have a "You are here" spot, that would be perfect.

> 5) What are the expo hall hours? (Usually when it's not open yet) Or a
>> similar question from exhibitors for when they can go in for set up.
>>

> similar issues as to when game night opens

maybe have one extra sign on an easel at registration, with these three
schedules?  i can't tell you how many times i saw someone running back to
the welcome gate to read the expo hours.  by the time we think to ask the
question, we're already at the expo doors.

...lori