[Scale-planning] Game Night

Lori Barfield itdirector at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 21:23:07 UTC 2017

hi, jill.  thanks for the feedback.  if you ever have any concerns about
Game Night activities, there is a promotion desk at the front lobby where
volunteers will give you answers.  sounds like the person you spoke to may
be remembering years ago, when we did the first two hours of laser tag in
bright light, and then the last half of the night with black lighting and
glowing uniforms.  that was pretty cool, but we brought back laser tag as
an all new experience this year.  it was in the main exhibit hall in the
back.  it was well lit.  i think the giant inflatables were a lot of fun,
people seemed to get a big kick out of the tank. :-)

btw the Quiet Room on the side is exactly that-  for seven years it's been
our place for simple fun with table after table of board and role playing
games.  you'll find good energy in that room coming from the players, but
never strobe lights or loud music, because that's not everyone's idea of
fun.  we do have a sign out that explains the Quiet Room to newcomers.

one of our trademarks is to give attendees a lot of good choices, because
everyone has a different idea of what the best kind of Game Night fun is.

...lori