[Scale-planning] SCALE CFP Closing Soon

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 05:50:19 UTC 2017

Hi Ilan and all,

Just wanted to check a few things about the SCaLE16X CFP.  It looks like you have OSSIE (education) out for 16X. We had a pretty good one-day track last year. Are we giving it up or do you want me to reach out to educators and see what we could get for 2018?

Secondly, last year we talked about a BOF session for personal cyber-security on computers, phones, tablets, etc, etc, etc.  There simply wasn't any place to put it as all the evenings were jammed with activities. I would still like to see something like this... possibly as a double panel session (2 slots, slightly different content, people could attend one or both). I am not an expert in this area (I do know a few things, like a lot about virtual credit cards and what to do (and not to do) if your Mac gets hacked). But, I have a friend who works for AARP in their technical department in D.C. They do a lot with cyber-security. If he can't come, he might be able to suggest some speakers we could reach out to that live close enough to make it to SCaLE.

Let me know and I'll get started on one or both of these projects. Sorry I didn't contact you sooner but I had a lot of things going on. Still... there's a week to go so there is time to pull it together.

Caryl Bigenho