[Scale-planning] DTLA Mini Maker Faire on Saturday, 10am to 4pm

Lan Dang ldangmlist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 18:42:15 UTC 2018

Hi all,

SGVHAK will be at the DTLA Mini Maker Faire on Saturday at the Los Angeles
Central Library.  It'd probably be a good place to promote SCALE and get
ideas for that hands-on activity area we are planning for the exhibit
hall.   I have a lot of SCALE t-shirts still, so I plan on handing them out
there, particularly the youth sizes.

It might also be a good place to look for participants in The Next
Generation track.  There will be some high school groups there.  In fact,
Santa Susana High School students will be at the JPL Open Source Rover
booth; they were one of the beta build groups in addition to our SGVHAK
group.  We helped exercise the documentation and show that we could build a
rover in about 3 months, under budget.

https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/256788941/

Please come join us to check out the fair, and we wouldn't mind help
promoting SCALE, as well, as we'll be quite busy running our booths.

Lan