[Scale-volunteers] disability interests at SCaLE

Bill Zuke wzuke at lafn.org
Sun Mar 8 13:22:19 PDT 2009

I received 3 replies to my comments on disability access at SCaLE 7.
So, I though I should give a brief introduction of myself.
	I am still a beginner at open source, but trying to learn.  I have
Ubuntu, and I am using Evolution for e-mail.  I contracted polio in
1957, and use a manual wheelchair now.  I am 1 of the founding members
of the Disabilities Caucus of the California Democratic Party; however,
I am critical of my own political colleagues, and I welcome help from
anybody who is interested in helping disabled people.  I live in Los
Angeles, and have attended meetings at the San Gabriel Valley Linux
Users Group (SGVLUG.)  Although my computer skills are still at a low
level right now, I do have an active interest in using technology to
help disabled people "live as an integrated member of the community at
large" (that's legislative phrasing.)  I do feel I have experience as
a "facilitator" and as a "legislative researcher."
	My ISP is Los Angeles Free Net, which unfortunately sometimes has
problems with some other ISPs, and some open source software.  I just
have to live with the kinks until I get things worked out.  My contact
information is also at William D. Zuke, P.O. Box 574, Montrose, CA
91021-0574; phone (323) 257-7958 (answering machine on 24 hours a day.)
	This information is just to establish contact.  More later.