[scale-infra] CentOS 9 upgrade scheduling

Phil Dibowitz phil at ipom.com
Tue Aug 16 21:04:47 UTC 2022

We need to upgrade our infra from C7 to C9Stream.

Here's the upcoming weekends:

* 8/2[01] - DevConf.us is 8/17-8/20 which makes next weekend out for
Davide and probably others.
* 8/2[78] - I'm in Houston for family stuff.
* 9/[34] - Labor Day weekend - it's a very long weekend, FB has off both
the Friday (9/2) and the Monday (9/5). I dunno if Flicka and I will be
doing something with the kids or not, but if not, I'd be up for taking
Friday as a hackathon day to get it all done.. but I dunno how that
works with other folks.
* 9/1[01] - I believe this works for me
* 9/1[78] - I'm in New Orleans for a wedding
* 9/2[45] - I believe this works for me

I've started a doodle and included 1-6pm on every one of these days even
if I can't make it or don't know my schedule yet, just to start building
an idea of when might be good.

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/enZL9GPe

We have a few servers to upgrade:

* web - this is the most difficult, we'll have to get Drupal to work
with newer PHP and friends
* lists - should be pretty easy, just runs very basic apache, phplist,
and mailman
* reg - runs a home-grown python2 app and apache, should also be simple
as long as there's p2 in C9

Phil Dibowitz                             phil at ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

  matter and those who matter don't mind."
  - Dr. Seuss