[scale-infra] Amazon Aurora MySQL 1 (with MySQL 5.6 compatibility) will reach end of life on February 28, 2023 [AWS Account: 355993445259] [US-EAST-1]

Ilan Rabinovitch ilan at socallinuxexpo.org
Fri Feb 24 21:48:00 UTC 2023

On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 2:37 PM Phil Dibowitz <phil at ipom.com> wrote:

>  Right. But to do a cutover you have to put either the cluster or the

site in read-only mode, or take it down, then clone, then modify PHP, etc.

Taking a snapshot and loading it into a new DB doesn't require an outage.
Restarting Apache HTTPD is <5 sec and then we're done, but your call.
In my testing the upgrade has been unpredictable in length.

I did just look through the migration process. It requires setting a new
> master password for the cluster. I'll make one up and put it in my own
> Bitwarden, but we REALLY need to get that sorted. If you can give me a
> budget, I can sort that out.

The migration and upgrade does not require changing or knowning password.
It's a single drop down menu. It is needed for both phplist and drupal.