[Scale-planning] Volunteers for Sponsorship Committee

Ilan Rabinovitch ilan at socallinuxexpo.org
Sat Jun 30 14:06:47 PDT 2007

Hello,

Its about that time again this year and we are starting to plan for
SCALE 6x, the 2008 Southern California Linux Expo.  As we begin our
sponsorship drive, the sponsorship committee is looking for additional
volunteers this year.   This committee is responsible for recruiting all
of the sponsors and  commercial exhibitors you have seen at SCALE over
the years.

Is there a company you haven't seen at SCALE that you will like see in
Feb 2008?  Now is your chance to help make that happen!

Sponsorship programs are the primary source of funding for the SCALE
event.  This funding allows us to continue bringing the community a high
caliber event like SCALE.  Funds are used to bring in great speaker
sessions, offer free booths to .orgs, and more....

If you consider yourself a people person, are good on the phone, and are
able to commit a few hours a week to assist us with the sponsorship
process, we would greatly appreciate your help.
While this is an unpaid volunteer position, it will provide you with a
great opportunity to make business/marketing contacts in the open-source
industry.

Volunteers would:
- Work with the sponsorship chair to identify potential sponsors and
exhibitors.
- Contact potential sponsors with the SCALE sponsorship and exhibitor
opportunities (telephone and e-mail).
- Meet with potential sponsors at other community events.
- Assisting sponsors with preparations for SCALE.
- Ensuring sponsors are satisfied and have everything they need during
the show.

If you are interested in volunteering, please contact me off list:
ilan at socallinuxexpo.org

Regards,
Ilan Rabinovitch
Conference Chair