[Scale-planning] S7X Speaker Tracks - quantity & type?

Jason Riker jasonrkr at charter.net
Fri Jul 11 12:24:45 PDT 2008

Group,

I'm a huge fan of the beginner track idea.  It's something that I feel should not only appear at SCALE, but should be incorporated into monthly LUG meetings.  I think a lot of people would like to get their feet wet, but don't know how/where to start.

What  I would like to see in each are:

Developer Track
- Java
- Apache
- Tomcat
- PHP
- Java  ;-)
- a discussion of mono and its use in open source software
- Separate desktop and web tracks?

Beginner Track
- bash
- package management
- intro admin

All of the above would be specifically geared towards Linux.

Just my two cents.

Jason