[Scale-planning] Call For Volunteers

Ilan Rabinovitch ilan at socallinuxexpo.org
Wed Jan 21 00:26:46 PST 2009

Hello,

It's that time of the year again, and SCALE 7x is just around the
corner.   The conference will be held on February 20-22, 2009 at the LAX
Westin hotel here in  Los Angeles.

As with previous years,  organizing SCALE  requires a large amount of
time and energy.  In order to make the event possible we rely on a
strong team effort and the help of volunteers from the community.   If
you are  available to help with setup, tear down, or other portions of
SCALE we would greatly appreciate your assistance.

If you are interested in volunteering to help, please send me an email
at bala at socallinuxexpo.org <mailto:bala at socallinuxexpo.org>.    We can
use the help of volunteers during all setup and event days, even if you
are only able to assist for a few hours.

2/19:  Late Afternoon and Evening
2/20-2/22: Through out the day.

Just a few examples of areas where we have needed help in the past are:

* Setup and tear down.
* Unpacking/Packing boxes.
* Stuffing tote bags and registration area setup.
* Room monitors and speaker introductions
* Registration Desk
* Attendee Greeter and Information Desk
* Assisting our A/V team.
* Assisting our tech team with running cables and unpacking equipment.
* Placing signs around the venue.
and more...

We appreciate everyone's support, and look forward to seeing you all at
SCALE in February.

Regards,

Ilan Rabinovitch
Conference Chair