[Scale-planning] Feedback & SCALE 12x Ideas

Josh Andler scislac at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 20:50:28 PST 2013

I thought it was great. I think we should most certainly do it again. The
LinuxChix LA booth were freaking out when they got their hands on it, to
the point of people literally jumping up & down and exuding pride &
happiness. Seeing that when I was passing by was really great (seriously,
watching someone jumping for joy).

As an aside, I do think that we should try to come up with a number of
categories and only do 5 or so each year. The benefit is that it throws
exhibitors for a loop if they shoot for one that was given last year and
isn't available this year. I only see it making people think outside the
box if the awards matter to them. We could even publicize all the possible
awards to exhibitors in advance and say only X amount will be awarded, and
we haven't decided which ones yet (we should do this well in advance
obviously). I think it would potentially spur a lot of creativity on the
part of people planning for the booths.

We really should have a more efficient voting system though. If it could be
done electronically on the local network and votes be linked to a person's
registration/check in number & last name (to prevent multiple votes), the
tally would be automatic and there would be less pain for Lori or whomever
would be in charge of counting. Just my .02

Cheers,
Josh