[Scale-planning] SCALE Presenters needed!

der.hans verteiler+scale-planning at LuftHans.com
Wed Jan 8 06:43:57 PST 2014

Am 04. Jan, 2014 schwätzte Ilan Rabinovitch so:

moin moin,

Thomas says he can cover RPM packaging if you want.

He points at his "RHN Power User Tips and Tricks: Packaging Software" from
the RedHat summit in 2012.

http://people.redhat.com/tcameron/

ciao,

der.hans

> Orv,
>
> On the packing side, you may want to reach out to Thomas Cameron. Hes
> given some great packaging talks around RPM in the past.
>
> Ilan
>
> On 1/4/14, 10:42 AM, Orv Beach wrote:
>> One of the tracks to be held at SCALE 12x will be a "Beginning
>> Sysadmin" track.   Rather than hope we get enough suitable submittals
>> to fill the track we've been recruiting people to present specific
>> topics in the track.
>>
>> We still have two topics we need presenters for.  If you're a system
>> administrator and are comfortable speaking in front of a group, please
>> consider submitting a proposal to present one or both of these topics:
>>

>> NFS for the Sysadmin 	How to configure NFS services on a server; how
>> to export file systems; how to configure a system to mount a NFS share
>> at boot time; the differences between NFSv3 and NFSv4
>>

>> Package Administration 	how to add, remove and patch packages via the
>> command line (GUI demo optional). RPM based.
>>

>> (Note - the track is oriented towards RPM-based distros)
>>
>> To submit a proposal first create an account for yourself on the SCALE
>> website.  Then submit a proposal and make sure you select  Audience -
>> Beginner and Topic - Syadmin.   Fill out the other fields as
>> appropriate - include technical and speaking experience.
>>
>> Then drop a note to orv at socallinuxexpo.org
>> <mailto:orv at socallinuxexpo.org> letting us know you've submitted.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Orv
>> ------
>> Orv Beach
>> Training Chair
>> Southern California Linux Expo

#  "I have seen the enemy, and it is shiny." -- Benjy Feen, 22Jun2001