[Scale-planning] Local News Hookup

SCALE Planning List scale-planning at lists.linuxfests.org
Tue Dec 15 12:02:42 PST 2015

Sorry if I am off the path...
I'm sure most people have heard of Linux, Open Source includes Linux,SCALE 14X may register to most newbies.

The whole story/scoop for press and reporting seems to me--people creating open source, whichis best known as Linux.  SCALE 14X is more than Linux, but Linux is included.
I have experience in the movie bizz (sorry) and see a lot of event and product placement... a proven strategy  piggyback branding (link below) can go a long way.
Just my thoughts, like I said, I am Newbie, just sharing a relatively new to Open Source and not too old Outsiders perspective.This is what I see on the SCALE 14X website,  thinking what is SCALE 14X?
SCaLE = So. Cal. Linux Expo
"SCaLE is the largest community-run open-source and free software conference in North America. It is held annually in Los Angeles."

"As the first-of-the-year Linux/Open Source software expo in North America,"

SCALE 14x | SCALE 14x

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| SCALE 14x | SCALE 14xSCaLE 14X – the 14th annual Southern California Linux Expo – takes place on Jan. 21-24, 2016, at the Pasadena Convention Center. As the first-of-the-year Linux/Open Source software expo in North America, SCaLE 14X expects to host 150 exhibitors this year, along with nearly 130 ses... |
|  |
| View on www.socallinuxexpo.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Piggyback Branding | SpellBrand®

|   |
| Piggyback Branding | SpellBrand®As a new business, it is always difficult to find immediate footing. There are many competitors out there and getting the attention of the target market wi |
|  |
| View on www.spellbrand.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |