[Scale-planning] Open Source in Education Track (was Re: About the Open Data Track)

Mx Siltanen mrsiltanen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:29:34 UTC 2016

Hi Kenneth,

I agree (imho) we should not limit it to software, as the concepts evolving
from FOSS lead to some great associated topics. I think we should be able
to keep it rooted to FOSS and still be able to cover those related topics.

I was thinking it would be nice to bring some of the best topics from the
open source related events which are on the east coast or in the EU here,
as it is hard for many working in the education field to travel that far
away due to time and budgetary issues.

Also, if we can identify user groups/meetup groups which cover this sort of
topics and ask them to participate that would be very good.

Note, there is a tech4good group which I have attended which maybe worth
looking closer at the other chapters.
They are affiliated with NTEN.
https://www.nten.org/

Thank you