[Scale-planning] Track ideas at future SCaLEs and Q about track leads

der.hans verteiler+scale-planning at LuftHans.com
Sat Aug 13 08:50:08 UTC 2016

Am 10. Jun, 2016 schwätzte SCALE Planning List so:

moin moin,

I don't recall getting a confirmation one way or another and want to get
moving either way.

Are Richard and I leading the enterprise track or is someone else?

ciao,

der.hans

> Am 05. Jun, 2016 schwätzte SCALE Planning List so:
>
> moin moin,
>
> Richard and I want to volunteer to run a business track, preferably
> Thursday.
>
> Business - This track highlights the importance of FOSS to business
> success including business infrastructure, product development and the
> FOSS community ecosystem.
>
> We would also like to work with or run the CxO mixter that Matti proposed
> and tie the two together.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
>
>> Wanted to respawn this thread as we prepare to open up our CFP.
>>
>> Having an Open Data track sounds like a great idea, we will have this as
>> one of our tracks.
>>
>> Generally we have enough coverage in Storage but having a dedicated track
>> would be something to try out.
>>
>> Again, it would be great to have volunteers lead the tracks, that would
>> include recruiting potential speakers and also leading it on the day-off,
>> potentially setting up a theme for that track...
>>
>> We will have a blurb for this in the CFP as well...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Shyam
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 1:40 PM, SCALE Planning List <
>> scale-planning at lists.linuxfests.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Regarding Space in LA area, don't forget X-Prize & Virgin Galactic are
>>> also here.
>>>
>>> In fact, the timing of this message is good.  I'm president of
>>> www.uncoded.org -- a non-profit in Long Beach that works at local
>>> connecting tech community -- and we hold a monthly tech mixer. Next week,
>>> Will Pomerantz,  Vice President of Special Projects at Virgin Galactic
>>> (and
>>> previously with X-prize) will be our special guest.
>>>
>>> It might make sense for one or two folks from the core SCaLE team to drop
>>> in, details: http://www.meetup.com/Uncoded/events/230279066/
>>>
>>> Also, it's been a couple years but my web shop www.MediaDoneRight.com
>>> <http://www.mediadoneright.com/> was also helpful in building
>>> www.SpaceX.com <http://www.spacex.com/> -- I might even have a few
>>> contacts.

#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.
#  An author has only the opportunity to make it uninteresting. - der.hans