[Scale-planning] SCALE CFP Closing on 11/15

Avni Khatri avni321 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 20:48:04 UTC 2016

Thanks, Hriday. +1 from Kids on Computers for having 1-2 dedicated rooms for OSSIE. Avni KhatriPresident, Kids on Computershttp://kidsoncomputers.org/blog/

    On Monday, November 14, 2016 1:23 PM, Hriday Balachandran <bala at socallinuxexpo.org> wrote:

 Hi Caryl,
I think we can manage a booth. On rooms, one's probably easy. Two will get interesting, so let's see what we can do about that.
Bala.
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ilan, et al,
We never heard back from you re our request for a possible 2 rooms for OSSIE at SCaLE 15X. So.... I'll ask again! Our thinking is that one room could be for talks (we already have enough speakers to fill a one day schedule) and the other for a "hands on/meet the speaker-expert" room with such things as 3-D printing, software and hardware demos, etc.  But.... we would be happy to settle for just one room if that is all that is available for OSSIE. Actually, a large (double) booth like we have had before as a .org could double as a "second room."
The folks are getting anxious because there is no place to file their proposals in any of the regular tracks. Can we tell them they will be OK for the OSSIE track?  The only downside I see to this is that there may be other folks who could contribute to the track that might not have a chance. Let's see how things go at 15X and maybe plan to expand OSSIE for 16X.
To reiterate... yes, OSSIE-SoCal/Unleash Kids/olpc 2.0/etc would like a booth at SCaLE 15X!
Thanks! Caryl (for the OSSIE team)