[Scale-planning] FYI - SCALE 15x now listed as a sponsor to So Cal Code Camp LA, coming up Nov 12-13, 2016

Mx Siltanen mrsiltanen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 16:06:38 UTC 2016

FYI - SCALE 15x now listed as a sponsor to So Cal Code Camp LA, coming up
Nov 12-13, 2016

What does this mean to us for possible action items:

1) Links back to https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/15x/
Thus if we want to update that landing page, now is a good time to consider
what we would like to do.

2) As a part of the partners, we are expected to help promote the event.
I have been assisting them with community outreach, and I would like to see
us do a little more.
A) Twitter - we should send a tweet encouraging participation.
B) Email newsletter - no is a good time to send a message out to people
reminding them about SCALE 15x call for papers as well as the new date, we
can also include - something on our partners at So Cal Code Camp.
[ I am happy to write the email newsletter announcement if someone would
like to proof it and make any adjustments as needed. ]

3) So Cal Code Camp LA - STILL has available rooms for presentations, IF
anyone associated with SCALE would like to do a presentation, I HIGHLY
encourage it. You can then use that presentation to help promote SCALE by
announcing when you wrap it up.. "Learn more at SCALE"...

Thank You
Matti