[Scale-planning] Per cryptoparty discussion - SGVLUG "Intro to Internet Security" on 4/13

Lan Dang ldangmlist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 08:38:03 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Given the cryptoparty discussion back in March, I thought this month's
SGVLUG presentation on  "Intro to Internet Security with Pi-Hole and
OpenVPN" might be of interest to some of you, particularly to get ideas and
help in organizing a cryptoparty for SCALE 16x.

If you're interested, we will be meeting in Pasadena on Thursday, April
13th, from 7pm to 9pm.
Details in the link below.

https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/238419778/

"Protecting your digital identity, passwords, and browsing activity is
difficult in the world of open Wifi networks, freeware, and advanced
advertising techniques based on tracking users across the web. While
complete privacy is not possible while connected to the internet, there are
many things you can do to make access to your personal data more difficult.
This presentation will focus on the basics of internet security, how to
begin protecting your network and your data, and why it’s so important. We
will focus on the two most prominent (and easiest to fix) security
vulnerabilities: encrypting your browsing on external networks using
OpenVPN, and blocking advertising and tracking as early as possible using
Pi-Hole."

Lan