[Scale-planning] Scale Tech team switch testing on Sat, Dec 23, 10am-4pm

Kenneth Wyrick kmw at caltek.net
Thu Dec 21 06:00:38 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm available to come help test switches this coming weekend. What are the
hours?

On Wed, December 20, 2017 3:29 pm, Steve M Bibayoff wrote:
Hello,

Just in case somebody thinks spending a day testing switches would be
really fun on Christmas weekend, the Scale tech team will be doing
just that. And EVERYONE is invited.

Scale has purchased 50 used switches (new to us) and we need to test
them to make sure they are OK. Test would involve powering them up,
logging in the the management console,  and running cables to each
port to see if they work (exact procedures are being ironed out). If
you wanted to learn more in depth networking, here is a chance.
Hopefully it doesn't take too long, but I been really bad at time
estimates, so we will see.

We will be using John's Tux-Lab location ( http://www.tux-lab.com/ )
for the testing. He is the person who hosts the sgvhak meetup's.
Location:
58 West Live Oak
Arcadia, CA 91007
(But the entrance to the parking lot is off of Welland (East side of
of Tux-Labs). It's the south building.)

If you could make it for any amount of time, great, if not, that's OK
too. Will see everyone at Scale in March,
Steve
(my cel, if you need to get a hold of me (562) 556-7622 )

I�m moderate on extroversion.
http://archive.org/details/@kwyrick
http://rhsrider.net Roosevelt HS Alumni Foundation
http://wecanf.net  WECAN Foundation