[Scale-planning] outreach for Youth track?

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:36:36 UTC 2017

Thanks.  I can put out flyers for SCALE but I thought it would be nice to have an ambassador for two reasons:
  ---- I'm going to give everyone an opportunity to do a 1-minute spiel about their organization, what it does, and who and how they want people to participate or contribute.  I don't want the general SCALE pitch; I want the one tailored for education and youth.

  ---- You can make direct connections with students or organizations that you think would make good additions to SCALE programming or youth track.
I am not a good candidate to represent SCALE because I'm running the event and don't have the bandwidth.  In addition, I have not been involved in the youth or educational side of SCALE and don't know what you're looking for.
BTW, this isn't some big conference.  It's just something I thought up a few months ago, because I work with a few student groups, I've been part of some maker groups, and I have colleagues who are passionate about outreach.  I just wanted to get them all in the same room, so they can show off their stuff and talk to each other.

Lan