[Scale-planning] Cryptoparty?

der.hans Verteiler+scale-planning at LuftHans.com
Tue Feb 7 18:27:04 UTC 2017

Am 07. Feb, 2017 schwätzte Lori Barfield so:

moin moin,

> sounds like a good BoF.

https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/15x/birds-feather

We can have a multi-hour BoF if that's necessary.

ciao,

der.hans

> ...lori
>

> On Feb 7, 2017 09:00, "Caryl Bigenho" <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks!
>>

>> I heard this piece on NPR yesterday and immediately thought... wow! That's
>> something that could be done at SCaLE.
>>

>> Surely, there are going to be a lot of experts there who could help do
>> this. The real challenge would be finding a place to put it in the
>> schedule.  Maybe an evening BOF?  Maybe an early event with breakfast and a
>> fee to cover the food (or maybe an "angel" would sponsor it)? Maybe running
>> parallel to some other evening event? Check it out here!
>>

>> http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2017/02/06/
>> 513705825/cryptoparties-teach-attendees-how-to-stay-anonymous-online
>>

>> Caryl
>>
>> <http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2017/02/06/513705825/cryptoparties-teach-attendees-how-to-stay-anonymous-online>
>>
>> <http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2017/02/06/513705825/cryptoparties-teach-attendees-how-to-stay-anonymous-online>
>> Cryptoparties Teach Attendees How To Stay Anonymous Online
>> <http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2017/02/06/513705825/cryptoparties-teach-attendees-how-to-stay-anonymous-online>
>> www.npr.org
>> In these days of cyber intrigue, journalists, activists and ordinary
>> citizens are interested in learning how to navigate the Internet
>> anonymously. At cryptoparties, they learn how to do just that.

#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
# "I came to open source for the tech, but I stay for the people."
# -- Richard Gaskin, 2016Jan25