[Scale-planning] Did you like having SCALE t-shirt pick up on the expo floor?

Peter Benjamin pete-usclug at peterbenjamin.com
Tue Mar 7 07:31:31 UTC 2017

T shirts inside the exhibits initially caused me some concern, as to
why it was done.
As I walked to the booth, I realized the booth was at the back, kitty
corner to the entrance.
I thought someone thought it a good idea to try to get attendees to
walk as far as possible, by as many booths as possible, to get their T
shirt.
For attendees not going to the exhibits, just talks, having to walk so
far, ...
Also, new attendees might not have been aware they had a free tshirt
coming to them.
---
Let's "reward" those who arrive early.  Have a 'limited' supply at the
registration desk each morning.  It could be a published incentive?
 Just a crazy thought.
Also, instead of using booth space, near the entrance, for T shirts,
which would reduce sponsor presence, a bad thing, perhaps having
"another" supply of T shirts, a third location, tables just inside the
entrance, again with a limited supply, just for those who come early to
the exhibit hall.
Do all these extra places need more volunteers?  Not really.  Why?  As
the supply empties at each place, front desk, inside the exhibit hall,
the volunteers at that location go to the place with the largest
supply.  So, the rear booth has just 2 volunteers, until the front desk
volunteers run out of shirts, and move to the booth.  Ditto the exhibit
entrance table.  More thoughts.
----
I thought not having the T shirts at the front, eased the lines at the
front, made it a pleasant experience, not having to wait in a crowd, a
long line behind you, push your way out when you have your shirt.
Also, I've had to hand out shirts before.  The booths were more
organized I thought.  My size was rapidly found.  More space was
available to ease volunteers with stacks of boxes.  I thought that was
a good idea.
Peter