[Scale-planning] onsite data store

der.hans Verteiler+SCaLE-planning at LuftHans.com
Tue Mar 7 18:39:43 UTC 2017

Am 07. Mar, 2017 schwätzte David Lang so:

> On Tue, 7 Mar 2017, der.hans wrote:
>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> do we normally have an onsite data store that could hold materials for
>> talks and workshops?
>>
>> This is more about discovering if we have something I don't know about (
>> like the schedule xml export[0] ) than a request for service.
>>
>> The legal track sent out significant homework for the lawyers. They needed
>> to read ahead of time, so didn't really need a local cache, but it got me
>> thinking others might.
>>
>> I also overheard some people discussing pulling down ISOs for a couple of
>> workshops.
>>
>> [0] I think I had been told about the xml option before, but forgotten
>> about it.
>
> In the past we have had such a thing, but we tried to discourage people from
> needing to download large items during the show, especially having a whole
> roomful of people trying to download at the same time. The strain that such
> behavior puts on the wireless network makes it painful.

One of the workshops mentioned was using wired connections, but still a
strain to somewhere.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "The reasons for my decision to quit were myriad, but central to the