[Scale-planning] Did you like having SCALE t-shirt pick up on the expo floor?

Ken scalezz at kemasa.com
Wed Mar 8 23:54:58 UTC 2017

Perhaps it might be best to take a step back and decide what the goals are, as
well as some of the issues, especially how it affects those that Scale is
serving..

You can keep track of the inventory with paper and pencil faster than scanning
a badge. Marking a badge would take longer and be harder. Is trust really an
issue with the shirts since now there are those who want to give them away
and how many people would really take more than one, especially if you let
them know after a given time they can come back for more.

While it is nice to encourage people to the expo floor, forcing them to go in
order to get the shirt seems much like treating them like cattle. It is also
wasting their time, which I personally think is unacceptable. Also, there is
limited times in which the expo floor is open, which limits when people can
go and it also means that a person who only makes it on Thursday does not get
a shirt.

From what I heard the reason for the booth was because the shirts did not
arrive in time,

To me, the reduction in shirts given out screams that there was a problem,
unless the goal is to save money by not giving out shirts.

As a side note, I personally would NOT donate any of the old shirts to
Goodwill. This is for many reasons, such as they are just going to try to
sell them. If you want to do good with the shirts, then donate them to a
place like the Battered Women's Shelter or organizations which will give them
to those in need.

--

						 K.