[Scale-planning] Expo Pass

Robert Perrett rtperrett at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 9 07:01:34 UTC 2017

Hi,
I know what I wrote below is lengthy.

Someone mention different color lanyards, then someone might switch them, so that would be a problem of administration. There would be separate lines to pick up an Expo only or Expo plus talks passholder.
If we wanted to stop expo only passholders from crashing talks, then we will have to have volunteers be door monitors or Bruce A Bergman's idea of attendees ambassadors for a few talks.
If volunteers do it, we only need them at the beginning 15 minutes before the talk and 15 minutes after. I have volunteered at the CTN Animation Expo and various film festivals where they have door monitors, but we don't face the dilemma that they face with panels and screenings with entire rooms fill up to maximum capacity without a single empty seat, and as well as mass numbers of people entering rooms before a talk, and exit after a talk and hanging out in the lobby hallway area blocking traffic. They have traffic management people to tell them to move.
Having door monitoring seems as if it is going to make Scale into an overly policed event which is what we don't need. I like that Scale does not have volunteers guard something while being bored, there is always something to do and learn while helping, going to talks, and the Expo Hall.
Robert

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android