[Scale-planning] SCALE 101 / helping new attendees

Lei Zhang leiz at socallinuxexpo.org
Fri Mar 10 05:37:55 UTC 2017

In another thread, Chris Smith said "A recurring theme I observed this
year with people new to SCALE was that they weren't as aware of
SCALE's offerings as one might hope."

Should we make a "new to SCALE" guide on the website and link to it in
the registration emails?

Should we take 1-2 pages near the front of the printed program and put
the "new to SCALE" guide there?

Did anyone go to the SCALE 101 talk? [1] Was it useful? Should we have
held it on Friday, instead or ran a second session on Friday?

[1] https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/15x/presentations/scale-101