[Scale-planning] [Tech] wifi SSID WAS Re: Signage

Ilan Rabinovitch ilan at linuxfests.org
Fri Mar 10 23:19:18 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 5:02 AM, Zach Underwood <zunder1990 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> As for as hiding staff SSID that is a waste of time, I dont think many, if
> any of the public was thinking they needed to join to the staff network. At
> some point you cant fix stupid.

I'm going to disagree.  This is a UX thing we can make better. Don't show
people things they dont need.

I think the biggest problem with SSID was the amount of non SCALE ssid
> showing up, where this was the biggest problem was on the expo floor where
> at any given time there was 20+ SSIDs.

We can't control all the hotel APs. We can remind exhibitors not to run
their own, but only if we can ensure the wireless setup is flawless from
the minute they show up.