[Scale-planning] Game Night

Sean McCabe sean at socallinuxexpo.org
Mon Mar 13 18:20:17 UTC 2017

Hey Lori,

Great job on Game Night. Just running through and taking pictures I had
several kids trying to drag me to various activities. I also got a lot of
comments on the museum being a pretty awesome throwback.

On the note of VR event. The only caveat I can foresee being an issue in
the future with more the HTC Vive's setup is the lighthouses (the units
that define the space) need to be isolated with curtains or the experience
will be like that of you on a ship, in rough seas. We could easily do this
with the same type of curtains we use to separate the conference floor from
game night. Overall looking forward to the cool things we can do next.

On a side note. *@Ilan*, do you have any contact info for Value or HTC? Do
you think they might be willing to sponsor game night next year by loaning
us some VR equipment?

For more info on the Lighthouses see:
http://gizmodo.com/this-is-how-valve-s-amazing-lighthouse-tracking-technol-1705356768

Sean