[Scale-planning] Guidebook automation

Derek derek at knowikiapps.com
Mon Mar 19 18:24:54 UTC 2018

All,

Sorry about the delayed response folks, I've been swamped with finals
and going out of town and so forth.

Lori,

Thanks for the positive feedback! The app is indeed available in both
app stores. Here are the links:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.knowikiapps.SCaLE

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scale-conference/id1340573731

Phil,

Sorry we weren't able to hook up before SCaLE, I could have used your
help meeting the deadline. We couldn't get the app 100% before SCaLE
because only one of the several volunteer devs I had actually ended up
contributing, everyone else ghosted. If you'd like to contribute that
would be great. There are lots of cool things we can do with this app.
We barely scratched the surface with what is possible. Also, don't throw
out that guidebook script, some of that code might be useful for the
app. Qt Quick lets us integrate objects from a bunch of languages like
C/C++, Java, Objective C, JavaScript and Python (and some others I cant
remember rn).

**The app is developed using a cross-platform framework so we have one
code base for everything. In fact, the app will run on OSX, Windows and
Linux (and look almost exactly the same) if we wanted to offer it up to
people. All that would be needed is to compile and deploy. Here's the repo:

https://github.com/KnowikiApps/scale-conf-app

If you find any issues or have feature requests you can submit them here
(or just email me):

https://github.com/KnowikiApps/scale-conf-app/issues

I've had a lot of fun building this app and I really hope you all want
to move forward with it. I'd love to see some challenging feature
requests and beat Guidebook.

Best,

/Derek Nowicki
Knowiki Apps