[Scale-planning] Mobile App

der.hans Verteiler+scale-planning at LuftHans.com
Thu Feb 7 15:30:17 UTC 2019

Am 07. Feb, 2019 schwätzte Derek Nowicki so:

moin moin Derek,

Looking forward to having an app for SCaLE17x. Is there a possibility of
getting it into F-Droid?

Also, why does it need precise location, microphone and camera access?

ciao,

der.hans

> Ilan,
>
> Sorry about the delayed reply, I've been dealing with some issues with one of
> my clients and it has been an absolute drain on my energy.
>
> Things are going well with the app though. I'm just about done updating the
> urls and image resources for the 17x moniker, and I'll be uploading the
> updated app to the stores soon.
>
> What would be really awesome is if you could install the app on your phone
> and test it out before I upload the updates to the stores. Obviously, the
> data will be from 16x but we haven't changed any of the features so you
> should be able to use it just the same. Any feedback you give can be
> integrated into the update I'll send.
>
> I think the main thing I need to know is what work we need to do for it to be
> acceptable for the conference. If there are any features that you want to
> add, we definitely have time to work on them. If there are any bugs you find,
> we have time to fix them. I'd love to get an email from you soon that says
> the app is good enough to use this year.
>
> Whatever we need to do to get this year to be the first year SCaLE has it's
> own app, I'm down to get it done. I just need your feedback.
>
> /Derek Nowicki
> Knowiki Apps
> 818-262-9565/
>

> On 2/5/19 11:35 PM, Ilan Rabinovitch wrote:
>> Hi Derek, Hows the app coming along? Need any help from us?
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 1:50 PM Derek Nowicki <derek at knowikiapps.com>
>> wrote:
>>> As far as I know, there isn't a legal way to bypass the app store for
>>> apple. android will allow you to do it, but with ios you'd need to
>>> jailbreak your phone or "sideload" the app from another device. For
>>> Android the users would have to set their devices to allow unauthorized
>>> apps, which I don't think anyone would be willing to do, and we would have
>>> to set up some backend download endpoint for he apk.
>>>
>>> It looks like we could possibly contact apple directly (and probably
>>> google too) to expedite a review. We may be able to make a case that we
>>> want to push immediate updates for the conference. But really, I think if
>>> we got some people testing it over the next couple months we should be
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/
>>>
>>> Currently, the URLs are baked into the app, but they don't have to stay
>>> that way. There's a bunch of ways we could probably do it since they are
>>> just strings in the source code. You're welcome to work on it. If you send
>>> me your github handle, I can add you as a dev on the project.
>>>
>>> Derek Nowicki
>>> Knowiki Apps
>>> 818-262-9565
>>>

>>> On 1/26/19 10:24 AM, Hriday Balachandran wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Derek,
>>>
>>> Do the urls have to be baked into the IPA? Also, can we push the ipa
>>> outside of the store, so we can avoid Apple store?

#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  veni, vidi, wiki - I came, I saw, I documented