[Scale-planning] access denied speaker pages

der.hans Vertiler+scale-planning at LuftHans.com
Thu Feb 7 18:08:46 UTC 2019

Am 07. Feb, 2019 schwätzte Lori Barfield so:

moin moin Lori,

> thanks, hans.  passed it along.

Danke. It would be nice to get it fixed for everybody :).

ciao,

der.hans

> ...lori
>

> On Thu, Feb 7, 2019, 09:58 der.hans <Verteiler+scale-planning at lufthans.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Am 07. Feb, 2019 schwätzte Lori Barfield so:
>>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> All four links out of the schedule are pointing at
>>
>> https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/17x/speakers/der-hans
>>
>> which isn't working.
>>
>> The Thursday (UbuCon) and Sunday (Security) schedule as well as both talk
>> pages currently point to that page.
>>
>> The following page started working in the last couple days
>>
>> https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/17x/speakers/der-hans-1
>>
>> From there you can follow links for talks in previous years.
>>
>> My SCaLE16x talk pages bring up a page that shows the content from the
>> speakers page rather than just my page.
>>
>> https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/16x/speakers/der-hans
>>
>> The link to me on that page brings up the working page above.
>>
>> Elizabeth K. Joseph's page was broken last year. It now points to a 17x
>> page that is access denied.
>>
>> Her links and mine were broken last year, bringing up the speaker page
>> contents rather than our own talk list and bio.
>>
>> The person after her on the 16x speaker page, Tom King, points at 15x that
>> redirects to 17x. Spot checking a few other people show links to 16x for
>> other speakers last year.
>>
>> Hmm, Bradley Kuhn is also pointing to 17x from year's speaker page, so
>> perhaps it links to the most recent year where someone is speaking. That's
>> pretty cool as previous years point to current bio and magically get new
>> talks.
>>
>> The speaker page issues have made it difficult for people to find my talks
>> in previous years.  I'm planning on bringing business cards with talk info
>> and QR codes on them this year.
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>>
>>> he says those links are all working for him. (i didn't bother to check
>> this
>>> time before passing the problem report along.)  can you check again and
>>> give a list of specific links that are still problematic?

>> Verteiler+scale-planning at lufthans.com>

>> fixed.

>> year.

>> access

>> --
>> #  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
>> #  "This country has nothing to fear from the crooked man who fails. We put
>> #  him in jail. It is the crooked man who succeeds who is a threat to this
>> #  country." -- Theodore Roosevelt, Memphis, TN,

#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  When in doubt, choose the interesting. -- der.hans