[Scale-planning] SUNI the Robot

der.hans Verteiler+scale-planning at LuftHans.com
Mon Jan 28 21:34:20 UTC 2019

Am 28. Jan, 2019 schwätzte Lori Barfield so:

> this year's Game Night will have a Star Wars theme, and the more robots who

Have you talked to any of the local Star Wars Legions groups?

> attend, the better. :-)  but this might also be an appropriate activity for
> a TNG event, like the kids' workshop.

Yeah, TNG would be target audience for them!

> if SUNI would like to party with us, then we'll have to give him his own
> space. :-)

SUNI is mobile, so can work the crowd or have a particular space. Well,
mobile in that SUNI can move around, but it tends to be slow-going with
everyone stopping the SUNI team to interact. Scott says they showed up
before the event started on Saturday and it took them 45 minutes to get
inside.

> why don't you send an email introduction, and we'll take the discussion to
> the next place.

Will do.

ciao,

der.hans

> ...lori
>

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2019, 12:39 der.hans <verteiler+scale-planning at lufthans.com
> wrote:
>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> We had a STEM event over the weekend.
>>
>> I met the creators of SUNI the robot. It runs ROS ( Robot Operating
>> System ) on top of Ubuntu.
>>
>> https://sunitherobot.com/
>>
>> I, of course, talked to them about Free Software :).
>>
>> Part of that conversation was promoting SCaLE. He said they're already
>> booked for all of March. After Scott looked at SCaLE info yesterday
>> they've decided to move the events so they can make SCaLE afterall.
>>
>> Lori, interested in having SUNI participate in game night on Saturday?
>>
>> Are there any particular events or opportunities that we would like to see
>> SUNI participate in?
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>> --
>> #  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
>> #  "Communications without intelligence is noise;
>> #  Intelligence without communications is irrelevant."
>> #  Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC

#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "I interviewed Jonathan Winters once in the late '80s, it was as if he were
#  narrating a hallucination that I didn't see." -- Terry Gross, 03Aug2006