[Scale-planning] program chair / program committee

KC Braunschweig kcbraunschweig at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:20:37 UTC 2022

It came up at SCaLE that we should look to have a Program chair again after
operating without one since Shyam stepped down. I've been a track lead for
a couple years and this is something I'd like to take on. As I see it we've
got a good group of track leads who have been operating pretty
independently. My hope is these folks will continue to lead their tracks
and will form the program committee to coordinate together where needed.
Initially my goals are pretty simple:
1. help the track leads get through the CFP selection process efficiently
and set the schedule
2. work out how we want to support our speakers during the conference - it
seems like several folks have feedback and ideas about this so it'll be the
first topic for discussion with the group

Assuming y'all are ok with it I'll hope to reach out to the track leads and
kick this off soon. It's a short year until March so CFP deadlines will
come up quick!

KC