[Scale-planning] OSCON Booth Planning

Ilan Rabinovitch ilan at socallinuxexpo.org
Tue Jul 8 20:27:20 PDT 2008

Hello,

As Gareth mentioned last week, we are currently planning a SCALE booth
at OSCON. As of today we have confirmed our presence, and would like to
start planning efforts.

So far our onsite volunteers for booth staffing  duties are: Lei, Ilan,
Gareth, Joe.  If you are unable to join us but  would like to help with
booth planning, we would still appreciate your assistance.

Here are ideas I have for our checklist thus far. Please reply if you
are able to assist with any of these items, or have any other
suggestions on other items or tasks you believe would be useful.

- Collect contact information for volunteers and distribute prior to the
show. (unassigned)
- Design flyer for event attendees, as well as potential speakers.
(unassigned)
- Print flyers (Ilan)
- Post to SCALE blog about OSCON booth with booth #.  (Orv / scale-pr)
- Bring SCALE's pre-made banner and banner stand (Ilan)
- (1-2) Power Strips (unassigned)
- (1) Camera for pictures of booth for blog.
- Bag of mints or other candies to draw people to the booth.
- Paper or digital mailing list sign-up. (we used a notepad last year
and collected 2-3 pages of addresses)

Other ideas:
- Do we need a laptop or projector to display anything in the booth? I
can bring one of each if required.  I don't however have a screen.
- Other giveaways? I dont think we have much schwag left over from last
year.
- If we wish to hold some sort of a raffle, we still have (2) rolls of
tickets left over from SCALE 6x.

Regards,

Ilan Rabinovitch
Conference Chair