[Scale-planning] Track ideas at future SCaLEs and Q about track leads

SCALE Planning List scale-planning at lists.linuxfests.org
Tue Apr 26 14:12:30 PDT 2016

Hi Matti,

Good ideas.

A) If you can find them, more power to you. Typically, this is the hardest
part.
B) I can work with you on the infrastructure pieces.

Regarding tracks, the general method is to understand how many hours a
track is and how many speakers we will need for the track (typically 5 if
it's 1 hour talks) and what the appeal for the track is. Weekday/weekend
will be determined at that point. Then, we either get someone to run the
track (recruit speakers etc) and rope in Ilan for sponsorship, and the
AV/tech  team for room support etc.

Bala.